George Baker, also an instructor on the Advanced English Workshop for Chilangos, challenges you to take his quiz — How Chilango is Your English?
Questions 1-8 point to characteristics of usage or pronunciation of a native Spanish speaker of English (and not only Chilangos from Mexico City). When taking the quiz, you should choose the answer that sounds natural to your ears and mouth.
Questions 9 and 10 require you you to select the correct answer.
If your score of correct answers is:
- 10 than you are a Six-Sigma Chilango
- 8-9 than you are an Outlier Chilango
- 5-7 than you are an Outstanding Chilango
- 3-4 than you are a Commendable Chilango
- 1-2 than you are an Above-Average Chilango
- 0 than you are a Normal Chilango
To verify your answers, ask a native English speaker or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Answers” in the subject head. Consult also our three reports: “Overcoming the Mexican Accent in English” (2012‐13).